Welcome to the West High Media Center! We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
Please scroll down this page for lots of important information about resources, both in the library and out in the community. Also, explore each link under our library section
on the left-side menu of the main page for lots of fun stuff!
The library hours will be Monday through Friday 7:50 a.m. until 3:20 p.m. However, we are closed during TNN on Tuesdays and Thursdays, due to ACT prep.
Library Statistics for January
Total Circulations: 490
Most Popular Genre: Fantasy
Most Popular Nonfiction: 300's
Individual Student Visits:1150
Class Visits: 46
Blind Date with a Book!
West High has eBooks!
Check Out Our New Books
"Books and Breakfast"
The library book club, "Books and Breakfast", will meet once a month on Fridays at 7:30 a.m. in the library. Specific dates will be provided throughout the year.
The purpose of "Books and Breakfast" is for its members to get together once a month and discuss books members have read, are reading, or want to read in the future. While we are talking about books, we enjoy a little breakfast.
Stop by the library and pick up an information sheet and membership form if you are interested. A one-time fee of $10.00 is needed to help with purchasing breakfast.
We hope to see you there!
Morristown-Hamblen High School West
While the librarians love to have students use the library as often as possible, they do expect students to respect the school rules and library policies.
1) All students coming individually or in a small group must sign the sign-in sheet upon entering and leaving the library, and are expected to fill out the line completely. Students coming with a class are not expected to sign in or out.
2) Students coming individually or with a small group during TNN, lunch, or class must have a pass signed by their teacher. However, no pass is need if the student is visiting before or after school, between classes, or during lunch.
3) Students are expected to show consideration to others while in the library. Cell phones and hats are not allowed. All students are expected to work quietly and to clean up their work area before they leave.
4) The library has a special area for students who want to eat or drink while reading or working. This is called the “Library Lounge” and is in the center of the library between the circulation desk and the computer lab. Students may not have any food or drinks at the computer lab, but plain, unflavored water is allowed at the tables.
5) Checkouts are for two weeks and students may renew materials as long as another student has not placed a hold on them. In special cases the librarian may permit students to check out additional books.
6) Only the librarians, secretary, and library student workers are permitted in the library offices. Students who need to utilize the phone in the library office must request permission.
7) Students will print using the Library Copier and are to retrieve their own documents once they are finished printing.
8) Students may use the library computers for school-related issues. Students are not allowed to play games on these computers, and are also no longer permitted to use USB drives on school computers.