skip to main content
Announcements--Oct. 30
Posted On:
Monday, October 30, 2017

***Notice Announcements--Oct. 30 ***--announcements appear on this page in chronological (date) order.  Please scroll all the way through to see what's happening and when!

There will be an Inventor's Club meeting today from 3-4 p.m. in Mr. Hawkin's room.

Thanksgiving Food Drive starts today with Fri. Nov. 17 being our deadline. 

For those interested in trying out for the West Men's Soccer Team for the 2018 season, we are having a mandatory player/parent meeting on Thursday, Novebmer 2, at 7:00 in the school cafeteria.  Sports physicals will be available that night for $10 for anyone that needs one.  You must have a current physical to tryout. 

TN Promise Volunteer Opportunity:  Friday Nov. 17 Seniors may meet Mrs. Whaley at Central Services from 3:30-5:00 to sort food.  Volunteers are always needed for this.   This is an easy opportunity for seniors to receive 1.5 volunteer hours toward TN Promise.  Please see Mrs. Whaley for more details and a form. 

The FAFSA Frenzy is coming to an end.  Seniors need to complete the FAFSA at  Students must file the FAFSA to receive federal grants, federal student loans, work-study, and, in some cases, state and university grants.  TN Promise deadline for completion is January 16.  The FAFSA also is the application for the Tennessee Hope Scholarship which is available tot students attending a college or university in Tennessee who scored 1a 21 on the ACT or hve a 3.0 unweighted GPA.

The 13th annual Coat and Toy Drive for the Children of Hamblen County is now through December 15.  Please drop off new or gently used toys, coats, shoes (washable) and non-perishable food items in the container placed in the hall by the mural at near the front of the school.  This season become a blessing to others in our community who need your help.  Thank you for your support. 

 Students going to get their driving permits must request a 1010 form from the front office 3 days in advance.  First form is free; $3 charge thereafter.  You do NOT need a 10101 form for a driver's license UNLESS your driver's permit is out of state. 


Seniors get one college day, but it MUST BE APPROVED BEFORE YOU GO. See Ms. Ferguson for further instructions.






View all Latest News